By Stephanie Ciccarelli
January 15, 2013
Have you dreamed of doing voice work? Voice-over performer and coach Mike Kirby explains how technology and the business of voice-over have changed over time and highlights how these exciting realities benefit the modern voice-over professional.
Mike Kirby has won 12 CLIO Awards for advertising excellence in his 30 year career as Actor, Narrator, Broadcaster, Voice Specialist and Author.
* Mike is the Station Voice of HGTV Home and Garden Television Canada.
* Mike's commercial clients have included Hyundai, Suzuki, Nissan, Toyota, Chevy Trucks, Toronto Blue Jays, Stratford Festival, Cogeco, Rogers Cable and Mobil Oil.
* Mike was Host/Announcer of the Special Olympics World Winter Games at Skydome in Toronto and Host/Announcer for the United Way Walk-A-Thon at Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto, Canada.
* Mike has been the voice of numerous documentaries for PBS as well as the award-winning CBC documentary series "Witness."
* Mike Kirby is a graduate of the Neighborhood Playhouse School of Theater in New York City.
Voice Over Experts is the industry's most downloaded educational podcast featuring renowned voice over coaches from US, Canada and abroad. Join us each week for pearls of wisdom and tricks of the trade to improve your voice over career. Listen online or subscribe in iTunes to hear from leading experts in the field of voice-overs.